Monday 21 October 2013

Double Fried Plantains

One of my all-time favourite treats are plantains.

When I cook plantains I fried them up and season with salt. My friends Nikki and Juan once told me that in South America they double fry these. I've never tried doing it that way since these are a favourite and who am I kidding, I have little patience when it comes to waiting for good eats.

Until this morning! I was making breakfast when I reached for left-over plantains that were sitting in the fridge. Oh my goodness, my friends were right! I pressed them with the back side of a fork and then when that was not working to my liking I switched to a potato masher. Back in a frying pan they went and they were perfect. No need to season them anymore.

Double-fried plantains, happy eating indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...