Thursday 28 July 2011

Chicken stock

Have you ever made your own homemade chicken stock? It is really simple, just ask Jamie Oliver. He has a great recipe and you can find it here.

I made it this afternoon and have to give it 2 thumbs up!

Make sure you use a large pot!  I used the large pot that I usually use when making soup and it was not large enough. I still needed to add another 2 L water.  So I transferred it to the big pot that I have for prepping canning jars.


I added a few more carrots and peppercorns than Oliver's recipe said to and I didn't spoil the brew. After four hours at a gentle simmer that house smelled wonderful and I was happy with how it cooked down.


After straining it...


Making the labels...


And ready for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...