Saturday 30 July 2011

Lamb Curry

With left over roast leg of lamb I thought I would convert it into a quick lamb curry.  



In a wok cook about a medium sized onion until it softens. Add spices.  I use what I have on hand and today that includes: grated fresh ginger, curry powder, mango powder, and masala gama. I didn't add garlic because the roast lamb had fresh garlic slices inserted into the meat that were still there.  

Cook onions and spices until they become fragrant. Add chopped red peppers.  

Cut into pieces and add the roast leg of lamb along with any left over roast potatoes and 1/2 cup of raisins. Add 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek (Hot chili paste) and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut chutney. Toss, add 1/2 can of coconut milk.  

Heat throughly. Cook brown basmati rice and enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...