Tuesday 27 December 2011

Starvin Guy Chicken Pie II

This recipe has totally won me over, it is delicious.  You really have to try it. I first discovered it on an episode of Greta and Janet's Eat, Shrink and Be Merry and you can find it in their new cookbook too.

The first time I made these I used gluten-free puff pastry that I picked up at Lorenzo's bakery. It worked really well, but I was quite intrigued by Greta and Janet's Sweet Potato biscuit top. The biscuit tops were less work than defrosting and rolling out the puff pastry!


This is how I made a gluten-free version of the sweet potato biscuit.

1 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used an all-purpose flour made from beans)
1/2 cup quinao flour
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup roasted and mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup 1% milk with a squeeze of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons of melted butter.

It turned out better than I hoped for and yea, comfort food for a chilly day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...