Wednesday 15 February 2012

Jamaican Banana Bread





























I managed to tweak one of my favourite Banana Bread recipes a while back. I first discovered this recipe in the March 1997 issue of Cooking Light. I've held on to this issue all these years even though you can now find the recipe easily online at allrecipes.com.

But I have to tell you I was pretty happy when the recipe worked with gluten free flours. I used 2 1/2 cups of flour, a combination of coconut flour, sourghan flour, gluten-free all-purpose bean flour, and tapioca.

I also substituted gluten-free baking powder and baking soda and used xanthan gum.

I didn't have pecans on hand so I substituted chopped walnuts inside the cake. And I used sour cream instead of cream cheese.

Still de-lish!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...