Monday 27 February 2012

Is it still Gumbo if I didn't add the Okra?

My friend Chris thinks I should call it "Gumb". He said the "o" in Gumbo stands for okra. And hense his logic. Works for me. Anyway, here is how it came together.

Cook onions, celery, red pepper, parsley, and garlic with 1 tbsp. olive oil for about 8 minutes. Add 1/4 cup gluten-free flour, stirring constantly. Add cumin, paprika and oregano.




























Add Italian hot sausage, tomatoes and 6 cups of seafood stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and let cook until it thickens slightly.  




























Add tiger shrimps. Season with salt, freshly cracked black pepper and cayenne pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...