Thursday 25 September 2014

Borscht

Gotta love autumn for all the food gifts that find its way to the table. These are organic beets that someone found in their organic food delivery box but didn't know that to do with them.  


I thought I would give a try at making borscht.  I used a recipe that I found in Classic Home Cooking by Mary Berry and Marlena Spieler.  


Red cabbage
Beets
Carrots
Red onions
Tomatoes
Red potatoes
Chicken stock
Dried dill
Dried Celery
Red wine vinegar
Organic coconut cane sugar
Sea salt
Black pepper

I know it is a popular soup but I think it needs something.  I added back bacon and that helped. I think it could use more seasoning, cumin perhaps? I do like cumin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...