Tuesday 4 August 2015

Summer-time Burger

I use portabella mushrooms (also known as Agarics bisporus) instead of hamburger buns when having a burger. I will warn you that they are messy! But at twenty-two calories per hundred grams and no fat I can deal with the mess. And I don't feel as guilty as I should that there is bacon and cheddar cheese hiding in the middle of that burger. Shhh, our secret.  


To add to the mess factor I dress one side of the "bun" with dijon mustard and the other with snap pea coconut chutney. Oh my! That chutney is so de-lish, I could eat it by the spoonful. The chutney is thanks to KarenFood. You might know her as a regular visitor on CBC Radio with Terry McLeod on the weekends. But I digress, if you're in the Winnipeg area you just might be lucky enough to pick up some Snap Pea and Coconut Chutney at the Hydro Building's downtown Farmers Market on Thursdays.

Good Eats!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...