Friday 28 August 2015

New Product: 6 Grain Prairie Blend

It is that time of year when I'm getting ready to return to work and start filling up the freezer with lunches that can be warmed up in the microwave. This one is a favourite recipe from the Looneyspoon cookbook, Stuffed Bell Peppers.   


But this year, I tried something new. And I'm so glad that I did because this is the best version of this recipe. Instead of using quinoa as suggested in the original recipe, I switched things up and used Floating Leaf's 6 Grain Prairie Blend with Sprouted French Lentils. I found this product at Costco. I didn't have to give up the quinoa as this blend consists of sprouted French lentils, quinoa, hulled millet, split pea, brown rice, and wild rice.  

I will tell you that it does need seasoning. I was not impressed with it plain but once I added turmeric, curry powder, ground cumin, and ground coriander it was Hello, Floating Leaf's 6 Grain Prairie Blend! I also like that it is a local product, non-GMO, and gluten-free. Their website has recipe ideas as well.  

I do believe I have a new staple in the pantry.  

Happy Eats!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...