Sunday 12 January 2014

Epic Fail: Banana Raspberry Pancakes

Today, I failed at making gluten free pancakes. It was an epic failure. This is part of my gluten-free journey, sometimes there are steep learning curves.  

This sad looking thing is my second "pancake" waiting for me to accept defeat. It was suppose to be a beautiful pancake that look like these pancakes.   


Now I'll admit, I did try to tweak the recipe according to the ingredients that I had available at home. When you're home recovering and can't get out to do grocery shopping you gotta make do. I substituted the almond milk with 3% milk. I also substituted coconut flour for millet and used 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (Cloud 9 brand) and 1/4 cup coconut flour. And the final substitution was raspberries for the blueberries. 


And then I saw how dense my pancake batter was so I added more milk and then some more. It didn't help. It didn't even taste that good.  

Sometimes, things don't work out as well as you hope. At least the coffee is good. Coffee is always good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...